HOW TO KEEP YOUR LIPS HYDRATED YEAR ROUND
love your lips
Although chapped lips are usually a concern in the winter during colder months, it is not unusual to also worry about your lips drying out in the summer. Warm summers make lips prone to dehydration, and cold winters contribute to cracking lips, which may lead to painful soreness and peeling skin. Here are some useful tips to keep your pout beautifully hydrated and moisturized all year long.
- Drink Plenty of Water – Dry lips usually signal dehydration. Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day to keep the dryness away. Make sure you drink even more than your normal intake when you are outdoors most of the day, especially in warm weather months.
- Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables – As the saying goes, “You are what you eat.” The phrase still rings true as foods containing vitamins B and C not only contribute to having a healthy mind and body but are also extra beneficial for your skin.
- Protect Yourself – Avoid dry or dusty weather whenever possible. Use a scarf to cover your mouth if you’re exposed to arid or freezing elements. When not protected, consider using a humidifier to replace moisture in dry indoor conditions. Remember LipSense provides a protective mechanical shield that helps protect against the elements.
- Don’t Lick Your Lips, Moisturize them! – Excess saliva can be damaging to your lips. Digestive enzymes in saliva can wear down the protective barrier of your lips’ thin skin, leaving them even more vulnerable to dry air. Instead, use LipSense® Moisturizing Lip Balm, LipSense Moisturizing Gloss, or LipVolumizer on a daily basis – which includes moisture-rich botanicals and extracts that help to bind hydration to lips.
- Exfoliate your lips! For those who have used traditional lipsticks, the constant use of wax-based products leaves lip vermillion damaged and lip tissue dehydrated. LipSmooth Conditioning Polish helps lips that have been damaged by traditional lipsticks, dry conditions or dehydration feel smooth and renewed, re-moisturized, soft and conditioned. The gentle polish contains SenePlex+ Complex for anti-aging protection and nourishment. Coconut Oil and Shea Butter moisturize, and help accelerate the exfoliation process of dead, dry, damaged cell layers.